27th June 2021
As you would be aware, yesterday 26th June 2021 the public health orders changed for NSW, Greater Sydney, Wollongong (incl Shell Harbour), Blue Mountains and Central Coast. There are now only 4 reasons to leave your home
- travel for work or education if it is not possible to do it at home
- medical attention, including getting a COVID test or vaccine
- care and compassionate grounds
- purchasing essential goods and services
As an Allied Health Practice we are still open for both consultations and small group exercise classes (Mat, Balance/Stability/Mobility and Equipment). If you do not want to or, are unable to come into the clinic we are more than happy to provide our services via telehealth/online.
All current Mat classes will run face to face as well as concurrently online. Additional online classes will be scheduled. Please continue to look at Mindbody for timetable changes over the next two weeks. If you wish to attend the class from the comfort of your own home, then please let us know and we will email you the appropriate zoom link.
If there is something else you would like to see then please let us know and we will do our best to work it in.
Upon entering the practice we request that you
- scan the QR code on the door and show the green tick to your therapist
- use hand sanitiser
- wear a mask at all times (unless unable to for various medical reasons)
- bring your own towel
- arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and leave promptly when your appointment is complete
- ensure that we maintain our COVID safe plan at all times
- ensure that we wear a mask at all times
- wash our hands at the start and end of each consultation
- listen to you, hear your concerns, help you to be the best you possibly can whilst we, be the best we possibly can!
Telehealth and Home visits are also offered for those who do not wish or are unable to come to the clinic.
See below for more information on our Telehealth Consultations and Home Visit Physiotherapy options.
TELEHEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY CONSULTATIONS
What is a Telehealth Physiotherapy Consultation?
A Telehealth Physiotherapy Consultation consists of either a Video or Telephone Physio Consultation. We would prefer this to be a video consultation so we can see the way you are moving. This would be suitable for someone who is self-isolating at home and unable to come into the clinic for a consultation.
Will there be any rebates back from Medicare or Private Health Insurance for a Telehealth Consultation?
From now we are able to bulk bill Telehealth Physiotherapy consultation if you have a Chronic Disease Management Plan (Formally known as Enhanced Primary Care – EPC- plan) from your GP.
From the department of Health’s Website this is what a Chronic Disease Management Plan encompasses.
“The Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC) — GP services on the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) enable GPs to plan and coordinate the health care of patients with chronic or terminal medical conditions, including patients with these conditions who require multidisciplinary, team-based care from a GP and at least two other health or care providers.
A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer, for example, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions and stroke. There is no list of eligible conditions; however, the CDM items are designed for patients who require a structured approach, including those requiring ongoing care from a multidisciplinary team.
Whether a patient is eligible for CDM services is a clinical judgement for the GP, taking into account the patient’s medical condition and care needs, as well as the general guidance set out in the MBS.”
If you have a chronic condition and need it to be managed by a physio please see your GP to discuss with them the option of a Chronic Disease Management Plan. GPs are now able to also provide Telehealth consultations so you won’t need to go into the GP surgery for an appointment. This is something to discuss with your GP Surgery.
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE:
From the 14th April 2020 many private health insurance companies will be providing a rebate for certain conditions. They have outlined the following guidelines for you to access this rebate:
- The customer is undergoing an existing course of treatment and the customer has seen the physiotherapist over the past six months, or
- For new patients, the tele-physiotherapy service has been recommended by their general practitioner or relevant medical specialist, and
- The primary condition being treated is one of:
- Post orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation (e.g. Total hip or knee replacement)
- Chronic musculoskeletal condition (e.g. osteoarthritis)
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Pulmonary rehabilitation, or
- pelvic floor muscle training,
- The service is delivered before 30 September 2020, and
- The service is undertaken in accordance with Australian Physiotherapy Association guidelines.
Health fund members should check with their health fund to see if they will cover tele-physiotherapy consultations. Some funds may impose additional conditions.
DVA and WorkCover/ CTP clients
We are now also able to perform Telehealth consultations to DVA clients and work cover / CTP clients.
If you would like to find out more about our TeleHealth Physiotherapy Consultations please call us on 9960 3798.
TELEHEALTH PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPY
To find out about what Telehealth is click on the “Telehealth Physiotherapy” tab.
Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation (or Pelvic floor exercises) is one of the conditions that Private Health Insurance companies will give a rebate for a TeleHealth Consultation. This is great news.
If you are struggling with any Pelvic Floor condition please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah to discuss your options.
Here is a list of some of the conditions we can manage with TeleHealth:
- Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (light bladder leakage)
- Urinary Urgency and Overactive Bladder
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Pain/ Sexual Pain
Please contact us (9960 3798) to discuss your telehealth options
VIRTUAL PILATES CLASSES
Currently not running however, things do change. Let us know if you want these classes back.
In the interim have a look at the Innovations Physio & Pilates MindBody App and sign up for a mat class, email us that you’d like to do it from home and we’ll send you the zoom link!
HOME VISIT PHYSIOTHERAPY
If you find yourself injured during this time and need to see a Physiotherapist we have a couple of options for you. Home Visit Physiotherapy is one of our options. We are able to come to your home and treat you there.
We would like to reassure you that we will be practicing world class hand hygiene and we will wear a mask.
To discuss your Home Visit options call us on 9960 3798